Hi there! I’m very excited to inform you that Travels of Plushy gets the Liebster Award at only three months after its launch!
What is Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a perpetual chain of nominations, where established bloggers will encourage and support the new ones by promoting them through this award.
The rules are as follows:
Post the award on your blog so everybody knows how awesome you are.
Publicly thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos!
Nominate 5 – 10 people with less than 1000 followers, inform them via social media.
Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
Travels of Plushy gets nominated for the Liebster Award by Gareth from Broken Jaw Travel, a collaborative website, where funny yet informative stories are shared by fellow adventurers. With his usual humor appearing in every of his posts, he asked me 11 questions I shall do my best to answer.
Here we go!
1. What first inspired you to start blogging?
Having written a travel diary during my trip to Japan, has helped me to make a travel album with photos and little anecdotes from our trip. It resulted in a professional looking album, but lots of information was taken out.
My travel diary continued growing as we went discovering more of France and so I decided it was time to put all my experiences online in an informative website.
So to answer this question, let’s say the inspiration came from within.
2. Do you prefer to travel solo or with others?
I’ve never actually solo-traveled. I happen to wander the streets of Paris by myself, in search of a new angle for my photos, but never backpacked alone across Asia.
And if that time comes, I will not be alone. Plushy will come with me. I prefer traveling with my partner.
3. What is one thing you wish you’d known before starting blogging?
Everything. I wish I was born with it. I wish I’d knew it all, and already have an established audience, and know what’s my niche and how to actually blog. Now I’m taking baby steps and it’s a lot of bumping the “bump” on the ground at each step, but in the end, we’re getting there.
Let’s be serious, I wish I started sooner Travels of Plushy. Because one cannot know everything without putting oneself out there and do some trial-and-error for discovering an own style and decide what works best for a particular case.
4. Do you have a favourite photo from your travels?
Japan is my favourite photo!!
For more photos, please visit my Instagram page.
5. Are there any places you wouldn’t travel to for ethical reasons?
Not really. I go on the principle that if I visit a place, I shall embrace their style, customs and try to blend in, for a full experience of that region.
Of course, if there are some political issues going on, or military activities, or something dangerous, I’ll avoid.
6. Who is your favourite travel blogger?
Brooke from World of Wanderlust, a professional travel blogger with lots of activities like writing a book (with a publisher), opening a bakery in her hometown and traveling the world to inspire us. She’s a blogger I look up to.
7. What is your must-have travel accessory?
8. Who would be your ideal travel partner?
Someone who has the same preferences as I do, who would let me decide the main plan, but be able to save the day if something doesn’t go accordingly.
9. Who is the most interesting character you’ve met on your travels?
People usually are interesting and welcoming, but most of all, they like foreigners, because they’re feeling proud about their region, so when they meet them, they can brag about it.
While in Fukuoka, Japan, a tea-shop owner invited us for a tea, as we were just passing by. We accepted, and she kindly offered us also cake number 1, pie number 2, some origami souvenirs, and things escalated really quickly as she almost offered us all the shop.
Our understanding was approximate and we soon felt our hands sore and had neck pains following the nodding session while trying to communicate.
She wouldn’t leave us leaving like that, so she insisted her friend will show us around some of the temples where he was assigned guide.
View this post on Instagram
This lovely tea shop owner invites me inside for a cup of green tea and cake and gives me an original souvenir, an origami she had folded herself. She was calling me "Hime" all the time ("Princess"). Then she asked her friend, a guide of the nearby temples, to show me around. I understood 30%, but still was a great experience. She made my day! #locals #Japanese #tea #teashop #matcha #macha #origami #souvenir #hime #fukuoka #tresetonne #travel #Japan #girlsvsglobe
10. Any travel regrets?
I wish I had more time to visit all that’s on my dream list. With a fixed job, traveling is very restricted. In a previous post I’m talking about my trade-off job-travel and how I can afford it.
11. So what’s next on the Bucket List?
My Bucketlist is not necessarily a fixed list with check points; it grows and changes with my evolution. Being more travel conscious and having access to all the information on the web, I have put my dream destinations in a ultimate list of “Beautiful things to see this life”, that I won’t share as it is. Occasionally I will pick some of the activities in specific region and put them in the cliché list it resulted.
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Kiara from The Art In Cities where she features museums, street art, and anything about cities from all over the world.
- Thais from World Trip Diaries, who shares an inspiring journey of a family of 6 going on a trip around the world.
- Eu from Where Is Eu, an interesting website where she writes about travels and all what comes with it.
- Marinel from Brown Gal Trekker, who wishes to inspire solo female mountain trekkers/hikers, while supporting her NGO Trails Without Borders promoting social causes in various mountain regions.
- Bethanny from Her Coffee Diaries, where, aside from travels, she writes about ideas that can inspire people to start their journey.
- Claire from The Happy Travellers, who reviews exotic and luxury destinations.
My questions for the nominees
Now that you have been chosen for the Liebster Award, you will share your passion with us. Here are my questions:
- How would you define your travel style?
- What was your process of becoming a travel blogger?
- Which region of the Globe do you prefer to travel to?
- What’s your most interesting experience abroad?
- Your favourite top 3 photos you took?
- Which country has the best food so far? And the worst?
- What is your favourite book or film related to travel?
- To be or not to be: the mountain or the sea?
- Would you support a cause while traveling?
- Share an advice for fellow travelers.