Japan is my favorite destination and during three-weeks trip I didn’t get enough. Today I share with you my top activities in Tokyo. If you wish to go to Japan, don’t hesitate! It’s worth every effort of savings. To get you inspired, here is my
Top 10 activities in Tokyo
1. Visit Tsukiji, the biggest fish market in the world
Oh yes, the fish are impressive and you can have sushi for breakfast. In November 2016 the fish market will move to Toyosu.
2. Dive into interactive technology at Miraikan Museum
The epicenter of technology in Tokyo is on Odaiba, the artificial island. Here you can find Asimo, Otonaroid and this little guy in the photo.
3. Hug a Panda at Ueno Zoo
Oh, how I wished to hug a real panda…
4. Take a sip of tradition at Asakusa
Before exploring Japan and as many temples as possible, Sensho-ji, the Buddhist temple of Asakusa, offered us this spectacle.
5. Find Hachiko and be amazed by Shibuya Crossing
Hachiko comes as the second best thing in Shibuya. My whoa-award goes to: Shibuya Crossing!
6. Discover the world of manga and anime at Akihabara
No need for words, the picture speaks for itself. This district is the heaven for the otaku as here you can find everything anime and manga related stuff and goodies. There are also lost of arcade games buildings and shops of all kinds of electronics, from Nintendo DS to intelligent toilet seats.
7. Experience nightlife in Shinjuku
The night life is happening here. Come and try your singing skills in a karaoke bar.
8. Take a breath in Tokyo’s parks
Escape the city’s rush in one of the parks Tokyo has to offer. You can opt for Shinjuku Gyoen, Imperial Gardens or Yoyogi park.
9. Do your shopping session at Ginza
But if you don’t like going shopping, you can still come to Ginza for the Kabuki-za Theater, where only men actors perform.
10. Get lost in the bookstores of Jimbocho
A whole district dedicated to books. For international languages, don’t miss Sanseido, the 7 story bookstore.
- A complete guide of what to prepare for travelling to Japan
- The first part of our trip to Japan which includes the activities and visited places when we stayed in Tokyo.